Friday, December 7, 2012

Avocado Cookies

I thought it was strange when a co-worker made brownies with avocados. But when the naturopath I seeing suggested I might benefit from less grain, I decided to try some grainfree baking.


I found this recipe on Skinny Mom:

Avocado Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup avocado ( about 1/2 of one medium fruit)
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup syrup or raw honey
  • juice of 1 medium lemon + its grated peel
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1/4 cup ground pistachio nuts
  • 2 tbsp. ground flax seed
  • optional: 1-2 tbsp. green tea powder for deeper green color.

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Mix all ingredients, except for the nuts and the flours in the food processor.
  3. Add the dry ingredients slowly.
  4. Spoon the dough into the lightly oiled cookie sheet.
  5. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
  6. Cool and serve. 
  7.  
These were super easy to make, I used coconut sugar instead of honey or maple syrup, left out pistachios and lemon I didn't have. They were still very good.  I am going to try stevia as the sweeter next time.
 
I read on someone's blog that avocado can be used in place of fats (butter, oil) in any baking recipe.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment