Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Interesting New Year

slithering into new consciousness
shedding old skins
meandering towards god


And interesting beginning to a rich new year, already I have seen so many places I never new I wanted to see  .  . .

New North Face "hiking" shoes with Vibram soles due any day now, a pedometer waiting in the mailbox - I have no idea if I will really like having a pedometer or not or if I will really use it - a leap of a thought if I like counting parks  .  .  . maybe I will enjoy see steps counted - maybe not . . .

Had a blood test done for food allergies - curious about the results -

Just sent a sample off for DNA testing to 23 and me. A co-worker was wondering about how her finance would find out more about his heritage. I mentioned DNA as I am often blessed driving into work the next day was a public radio program, the person mentioned they used 23 and me.

So I am intrigued, they used to charge $299, and it is $99. I read a review, Anne E. Wojcicki one of the founders of the company is married to one of the co-founders of Google.

I basically wanted to know about my ancestry. However, the results include health panel as well.

They very responsibly and clearly warn you that the knowledge you receive from the tests is irrevocable. On ancestry, no problem - I think I will be thrilled to find out I have a more diverse ancestry - so far I am missing confirmation of Asian and African . . . who knows what else might be there I am not even thinking of  . . . hoping for confirmation of the Jewish link . . .

But do I want to know about potential health risks . . .well, if I don't know by now not sure I do . . .I could just not read that part of the report, yeah, right, me not look . . . so new adventures on many planes

And there is some interesting info on 23 and me site regarding research they have . . . how you feel about eating Cilantro shows in genomes  . . . and I got to take a survey that told me I was smarter than average in reading facial expressions correctly . . .

and now I am wondering can I get the pedometer to record steps if I move my feet when I am sitting. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment