Thursday, November 25, 2010

May We Give Thanks - Every Day

I am grateful to be safe and warm on this early Thanksgiving morning. Maybe I am missing on some spectacular sales, or meeting some interesting shoppers queued up and ready to spend.

I am grateful to have missed the 4 to 5 hour commutes my co-workers and other people were stuck. I was saved by the kindness of my boss. As she sat watching the news, she decided she better call and tell me she didn't want me to try to drive home. So I have had the luxury of hotel living for several days. And, as, she and I, also, guessed there was need of extra help to compensate for those who were iced in at home.

It is nice to wake up to breakfast downstairs ready to go right off the hotel buffet table.Well, back to work.

I am, also, grateful I didn't have to stop work and run to the shelter like some other out of state co-workers as they are under Tornado warning.  All safe for the moment. Simple, deep blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Your boss is the greatest. So glad you stayed safe. My 4 hour commute home last Monday was definitely not the greatest!!!!

    ReplyDelete