Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh, what a strange world customer service is. It took me two long sessions with online chat to return a defective item. Tonight a very nice representative spent over thirty minutes helping me. Though I accomplished what I needed to, had the $40 waived on exchange the other person was going to charge me last night, it was about minute 32 before I got the answer started with tonight, and last night. How do I return the defective item? Seems like it ought to be a routine question. It got lost along the way with cross sells, and are you really sure, if I was canceling they couldn't help me, they could only help with an exchange.
It certainly was frustrating, even saying I was frustrated that I couldn't get an answer on how to return an item couldn't hasten the answer. I am guessing it's constraints the employees have to deal with constantly. How does the company think this is good business. Monetarily, I am coming on a winner. But, the cost was never the issue as a matter of fact I feel a little guilty I am getting something more expensive for free. I know it isn't good for them financially because I was willing to pay the $99 for the other item. All, I objected was paying $9.95 in shipping a replacement for a defective item. They aren't allowed to waive shipping, but they can me the item for free. Just bizarre.
It follows the conversation I was having with Jan early today strange ways of corporate cultures. She told me flying Frontier had a notice they could take advantage of onboard catering instead of saying we now charge for food.  .  .
Oh, well, was a beautiful, sunny Northwest day with billowing white clouds . . .
Soon I may have internet again if my new device works when it arrives    . . .
And, I am writing this from my new, fun, 2lb (as in big enough to type on, light enough to carry) Tobisha netbook. First thing, I did with it was scare myself as I turned it on in bed, noticed I (as me) was on screen looking at myself cause it has a webcam which I turned on . . The unexpected thrills of new technology

For some reason, I decided to check my email before I posted. In my inbox, is a letter from the company sent to my email address, I was just with, it starts Dear Joe Lopez,


They my ssn, dob, address, etc. Hope they are sending him my package. No, actually is was just supposed be my return shipping label, info.  . . This means I am going to have another chat. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment