Thursday, May 3, 2012

Nooks, Crannies & A Plethora of Quotes



 "And whether it is Thursday, or the day is stormy,
With thunder and rain, or the birds attack each other,
We have rolled into another dream." John Ashbery

from quotes.dictionary.com


I finally uploaded a number of pictures. Wow, the oldest were from November 2010, really been a long time. . . some undramatic, ordinary pictures from a very nice relaxed journey where Jan and I saw Flounder Bay, WA for the first time. Made me think of the nooks and crannies all over the world, just the beginning of the thought is too hard to capture comfortably.



Then I was curious about quotes on nooks and crannies. So googled it, the first thing that came up was a movie I really enjoyed, In Bruges. Just a pleasing irony, the word cranny some line of dialogue.



Then, I found these lovely ones at  Quotes.net

"In life, everything awaits in the shadows for the suitable time to come out! All waits silently in the nooks! Observe the shadows and the nooks to guess what will happen!"  - Mehmet Murat ildan


  (maybe like these pictures I am posting today. . .)

"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


"I am done with great things and big plans, great institutions and big success. I am for those tiny, invisible loving human forces that work from individual to individual, creeping through the crannies of the world like so many rootlets, or like the capil"  - William James



and this one that started out with me nodding yes, and ended with saying, huh. . . I got try reading that again (found on quotesea.com):

"I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the word begin to move around. Stressed accents begin to invert. The word abandons its meaning like an overload which is too heavy and prevents dreaming. Then words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young. And the words wander away, looking in the nooks and crannies of vocabulary for new company, bad company." - Gaston Bachelard

To the quote of the day from quote.sea that I enjoyed, not quite in literal agreement with:

"If you only do what you know you can do - you never do very much." Tom Krause

No comments:

Post a Comment