Friday, December 28, 2012

Observations


I noted today that I haven't walked into any park and thought it was like one I had already been to . . .

All trees do not look like to me as similar as they might appear in pictures, I still constantly think how beautiful over and over  . . .

In parks it is still rare to see someone on a phone or with an MP3 player; more common to see people interacting with each other  . .  . parks seem to be for communing, and playing

On trails, more people with MP3 players  . . . a little more focused action  . . . suppose that should be evident as trails are to take people somewhere . . .

Parks seem such great metaphors for life; so many offer meandering paths with branches to chose, which way, both enticing, some circle ending in the same place; no really right or wrong choices . . .


Even though many times it was only another bend in the trail, I have remained intently curious as to what is around the corner that I can't see


and, as I have been asked this most, my Vibram five finger shoes are no protection from the cold, my feet do get wet and cold, and I still love them; I love almost barefooted feeling of walking in the squishy mud, soggy grass, puddle .  .  . wet by not dirty . . . and the wonderful traction . . .

My favorite trailhead/trail so far - Machias

My favorite park is one I haven't visited in several years - Stanley Park in British Columbia

Of parks, I have visited this year - no favorite comes immediately to mind; well, I am particularly fond of Boulevard Park in Bellingham . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment