Saturday, August 3, 2013

Maybe It Takes A Little Trust

where are the boundaries
my life, your life, "God"
 all interconnected all separate

 Park number 376 yesterday- Sultan River Park - aggravated by perceived injustice it was the perfect to go sit down by the river on the roots of an old tree - exquisite color to the water - love rivers - today the metaphor drifted up - I love rivers because they know where they are from, and where they are going to, they don't question their destiny, they flow  . . .

 I left the river, at an intersection trying to decide which way to turn when at truck went by the wording Jordan River Moving - (now I am reading and greatly loving a book Praying For Strangers - author - River Jordan) my inner voice said "Follow that truck" - of course, ok I will,

 I did. Where did it lead me? To a store, at the exact time to walk right into the same space as the person I was most worried about. . . .

You can't tell me my world isn't magic. . .oh, how can "God" do that so well . . . maybe I could trust there is a bigger plan at hand, I don't in this situation yet emotionally . . . but maybe there is.

 As I tell her the first thing came to my mind about someone far unless competent being promoted her - "it's an atrocity". Being the most word savvy person in my work group, she replies with a chuckle, "a crime against humanity." We have a laugh.

 I read her T-shirt - "I reject your reality and substitute my own." She may not be thrilled but she is doing ok.

 "True and lasting transformation never comes on the heels of threats ultimatums, but in new ways of thinking about the world" - Susan Chernak McElroy, Animals as Guides for the Soul (loved this book, too)

 So, hmm, God are you sure my being stomping mad about something that is happening in somebody else's life won't be made amazingly better by threats, ultimatums, accusatory/blaming/shaming (hadn't quite decided which would be best yet) emails.

 Sigh, are you really sure, really, really sure, because I could really do it, I swear I could.

 And, God, was it you that orchestrated the first words I heard from an old song I love "just let it slide, why don't you just let it slide. . . oh, God, by the way if it was you . . . ah, I really hate to bring this up, but . . . well, you see, ah . . . I . . . I . . . well, I am not sure I know how to do that . . .

Question from Facebook is what's on my mind right now?

Ok, God, now that I have figured out that you are likely to be everywhere, I have another salient point to tackle with you. So just for the sake of argument (what I do that a lot with you, yeah, ok), if I were, by some, miracle to let this issue go, how do I win? How do I prove that I am right?

No comments:

Post a Comment