Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Strange Day


It's a strange world of language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water.
Franklin P. Jones

Up and restless from my strange day, splatter paint or write - write a touch - less mess

So enjoyed the bumper on the way into town - should have known how perfect it would be:

"God Bless Everyone - No Exceptions"

Finding my park of choices today not easy, did. And so grateful, I did not have go back up the hill I had to come down.

Enjoyed the part sitting in the sun, water views on the lake, people in the distance - my space visually all to myself - slow meditative peaceful - then a startling loud "I'll take 3 mushroom cheeseburgers." Out of my reverie now . . . it is a public park just didn't see it coming.

Then to work, first call (unrelated to anything I really do) - Caller - "Wal-Mart is stealing peoples identities, what are you going to do about? I demand you something now!!

Next call - I say "Hello" - Caller - "So how many times am I going to have to repeat myself?" (well if you were talking before I answered, I am guessing at least once).

Ok, then an instant message, "hi glad you're here, someone just had to scrape me off the ceiling earlier, let me know you need help with anything. (oh, dear I hope not).

Breathe - oh, yeah: God Bless Everyone - No Exceptions

Ok, phone, Hello - no direct response but conversation in the background "I don't what do you think, do we want to talk to these people" "I don't know, let's ask James" Yelling for James. . . (they did vote to talk - it was simple - they were happy)

No exceptions

Ok, breathe phone - Hello - "Ok,  listen to me, you need to help me right now, but before I say anything more, you better prove you are going to help me. But before that let me tell you a few things. . . "

Can I go home now . . .

Ok, phone - ah, going good, already have your name thank you, Ms. Sue Smith (fake name of course but equally simple to understand). Me - I am so but I am finding your information. "That's because you can't spell - here let me help you - S - U - E, heavy sigh by caller, S- M - I - T = H. There did that help you.

Still not finding information, stressed me, stressed caller, after having asked as politely as possible for maiden name, other name, more than once . . . so sorry I am not finding that information - 5 minutes plus into what should be a 60 second call . . . "Well, maybe it;s under my other name Gary Walruzksky-Connors (fake by illustrative - different gender - hyphenated last name - ah - no spelling offered)

No exceptions.

I was ever so grateful I will not be the first person to test our new software program when it goes live tomorrow, yep I will be the second or third LOL

A day of cryptic emails no one could explain tonight, a minor crisis at the end . . . done, now I can leave

Good to go, done . . . my normal freeway on ramp closed for maintenance, a bit of wandering to turn around, get to the next ramp . . . surprisingly little traffic downtown. oddly empty streets.

almost home. . . 14 miles apart . . . my normal off ramp closed. . . just too funny . . . just a little detour

God Bless Everyone (and Everything) No Exceptions


Should I mention I drove by the Ephiphany School . .  .

2 comments: