Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Here I Go

I have been pondering making some changes, life style changes. Well, ok, I am thinking about losing weight. I think I like the phrase lowering my weight best. Like I said pondering. Not as mobile as I once was, I am hoping, no, planning on improving my agility.

I am pleased that I am successfully keeping my commitment to the 40 Winter Feast For the Soul. I am on day 26. I have followed through with doing meditation, exercise and a writing practice daily. Other than having to eat a few lunches in the car on the way to work instead at home, it has taken far less effort and time than I imagined. So, it seems like a good time to go the positive flow and "lighten" up.

As I thoroughly enjoy food and intend to continue to do so, strange and restrictive diets are out. So say I while sipping my coconut milk hot organic cocoa with some Peruvian maca root. Some nights I take my cocoa with heavy cream, and that won't change.

Sustainable, minimal, easy changes. Have to be practical. There would be no sense in me counting carbs, calories or eating only high protein. If it isn't easy, I won't stick with it.

I found a wonderful series of free podcasts (105 episodes to date) by Renee Stephens for a program called Inside Out Weight Loss at PersonalLifeMedia.com. She started at the perfect place for me, the question are you motivated to lose weight?.

And she went onto to the subject of motivation. When she reminded me of the words from my friend Jan, I figured I was on the right track. Renee spoke of the importance of having two types of motion in creating change: away from and towards.

And, Renee, also, spoke words pleasing to this night person: That is it a myth that you will gain late if you eat late a night. She backed up her statement by sharing that when she lived in Spain (where people were much slimmer than in the U.S.) dinner at 11 pm was not unusual. Bless you.

I have finished and enjoyed 8 of the podcasts. I love her minimal coverage of food since food really isn't the issue. She suggests you don't to eat food full of unpronounceables as the body doesn't know what to do with. Stay away from high fructose corn syrup with it's 100 year shelf life as studies have shown it interferes with the body's ability to determine when it is full or hungry. Stay after from transfats.

Am I motivated lower my weight? Yes. Right now, I have set a moderate goal to lower my weight by 10 pounds by May 23 (which is when I get to go to a meditation class with Karunamayi). I, also, made a commitment with my friend Sue as a witness that I will continue my daily meditations until that date.

I held my breath, weighed myself, and sighed with relief that I am already below my highest weight by at least 10 pounds. Whew. I wasn't sure. It shouldn't matter. Yet, psuchologically it was a boost.

Well, wish me luck, fortitude, grace or anything else positive you go can think of. I am inspired and know the quality of my life is improving whether I lower my weight or not. But, it sure would be nice to stay out longer when I go shopping . . . Oh, yeah, take a few walks on the beach.

Time for me to pop over to Trader Joe's before NCIS comes on.

May you have luck accompany on your journey

hail cheerleading affirmations
shifting the light onto a new path
sliding into a new groove

No comments:

Post a Comment