Saturday, February 27, 2010

Perspectives

glancing at grief's silhouette
small far away insignificant
i prefer the dance with denial

"I have a very highly developed sense of denial." - Gwyneth Paltrow

I had three snippets of human interactions that stuck with me from shopping today:

A gentleman speaking to a clerk about stopping by their shop last night at 10pm only to find out they were closed. She replied, "Yes, we close at 9pm, I mean, who in the world would want to buy vitamins at 10 pm at night."

Leaving Fred Meyer's late in evening, the woman in front of me turned around, and told me she just can't believe how they treat people who shop at night, all the good meat was put away, bakery and deli closed. "They are just plain prejudice against people that shop at night."

My favorite a Trader Joe's, my cashier shared her approval of my purchase of 10 fruit bars. She said her friends asked her what the strangest thing she sold a customer. "I told them it's not what they buy, it's number things. Why would anybody need 7 of something, not 8."

Our perspectives are interesting, shifting, not always multi-dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment