Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Spring

spring comes dressed in gray
still it begins promises of new
a time for beginnings

I came across an idea in a book called The Gabriel Method by Jon Gabriel that is one of those so simple it seems profound. Jon came to a realization one of the reasons he was hungry all the time is that he was starving for nutrients, i.e. what he was eating was providing what his body was asking for so all it could do was keep asking. Interesting. There is at least a partial ring of true to it.

His personal story is an inspiring one losing around 200 pounds without dieting after he realized the problem was his body wanted to be fat. And with that realization, he
stopped dieting and started researching biochemical, nutrition, emotional, spiritual reasons behind weight gain.

I'm still doing my exercises and meditation everyday which is amazing in itself. I know I am missing something in my quest to lower my weight. A restrictive diet
just doesn't seem wise or sustainable so I am looking forward to reading the rest of Jon's inspirational story.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for tip Lynn. I put Gabriel Method on hold at the library. Went to Dr. recently - my weight is still climbing. Need help!!! Know how to lose wt, just not how to maintain.

    ReplyDelete