Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Body My Storehouse

"Body: A thing of shreds and patches, borrowed unequally from good and bad ancestors and a misfit from the start." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

An interesting quote as I am thinking about how both my grandmothers carried more than ample weight. So is it genetically coded, probably.

Jon Gabriel gave me a good reminder of how by our ancestral history are bodies are "hardwired" for survival especially against starving to death, freezing to death, or being eaten. I especially enjoyed one message from a guided visualization he does. Food is readily available we don't need to store it on our bodies anymore. Now I shall have to find out if my body and I can agree that I know where the fridge, cupboards, drawers, grocery stores and restaurants are.

dropping to fighting weight
sumo wrestler?
smile

No comments:

Post a Comment