Thursday, May 23, 2013

And especially to you my dear friend in Victoria

“I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone.'
I should think so — in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit 

Are you chuckling?

or

“Sorry! I don't want any adventures, thank you. Not Today. Good morning! But please come to tea -any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Good bye!”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit  



I wanted to post my favorite Tolkien, wouldn't you know it I can be sure I remember all . . . but having finding these that I remember at all

oh my,

“That was the most awkward Wednesday he ever remembered.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Lynn, I am indeed enjoying a very good (surprise) chuckle! I love chuckles! Yes, quiet folk we are... certainly wouldn't want (any) adventure have us miss out on dinner!!! LOL I think(?) I finally got the hang of how to post a comment on your site! LOL Hugs...

    ReplyDelete