Friday, November 13, 2009

Community


"Tell me what company thou keepst, and I'll tell thee what thou art."
- Miguel de Cervantes (1547 - 1616) Spanish novelist.  (found on friendship.com.au)


More on the solitary side by nature, I must admit to enjoying some wonderful and interesting people time this week.


Wednesday was my monthly Book Club. It was again heartwarming and comforting to be surrounded by this group of women. We enjoyed some time catching up on each other's lives and discussing this month's book Water For elephants, and a bit more on last month's book The Shack. It was a nice interchange of ideas which is always nourishing. I was wanting to imbibe as with my new work schedule I won't be a Book Club for a while so I'll have to share vicariously.

sipping tea with books & ideas
stopping to listen to new views
comfortable camaraderie enfolds

No comments:

Post a Comment