Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shifting World


shattered one illusion of permanence
shifting allegiances shielded perspectives
thoughts truths muddied by past stories

"Turbulence is life force. It is opportunity. Let's love turbulence and use it for change." - Ramsey Clark

My workplace is and will be in a state of flux for awhile. One of my co-workers said she was having trouble seeing God right now. She wasn't sure where he was. "and God can see over the fence, and I can't". I thought this was a wonderful way of telling us how uncomfortable the feeling of uncertainty can be.

Contrary to what I imagined, it appears that I will be shifting from my reduced part-time hours back to full-time at least for the short term. Definite a mixed blessing. Truly it is a gift from my supervisor, and I will be very grateful for additional income. I am already missing the luxury of three days.

"Nothing in the world is permanent, and we're foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we're still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it. If change is of the essence of existence one would have thought it only sensible to make it the premise of our philosophy." - W. Somerset Maugham

Back to: May we enjoy each moment

No comments:

Post a Comment