Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Books of My Year

"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." - Robert M. Persig

 sale sale a call to spend today
glimmer in my eye wallet in hand
specials volumes find new home

I made my first book purchases for the new year yesterday at third place books.


Haiku - the sacred art - A Spiritual Practice in Three Lines by Margaret D. McGee

It has been fun and interesting to make daily three line poem or synopsis of my day or my thoughts. What a concise way to journal my daily life. I am open to learning a bit of the actual craft. Yes, it feels like a daily spiritual practice.

Chakra Mantras by Thomas Ashley-Farrand - namadeva

After making a commitment at the request of Sri Amarananda Bhairavan after a very special Savitri® Group Ritual, I have been doing my meditation practice twice a day. This includes using mantras, special chants. I saw this book by Thomas and thought it would male a nice edition to my library and perhaps my spiritual practice. He studied with one of my earliest spiritual teachers Sadguru Sant Keshavadas.

I have them nicely added to my Library Thing collection on online. Now, I can just sit admire and touch their covers.

May you enjoy your books

No comments:

Post a Comment