Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Offering of Time By Michel Quoist

Lord, I have time,
I have plenty of time,
All the time that you give me,
The years of my life,
The days of my years,
The hours of my days,
They are all mine.
Mine to fill, quietly, calmly,
But to fill completely up to the brim,
To offer them to you.

May you enjoy the hours of your life

waking with intention
a soft inward turning
my soul is fed

I am enjoying the 10th day Winterfeast with opportunity to add the beauty of solitude in new ways. I am grateful for this external commitment to encourage and support my becoming.





“To take time to be apart…is not a luxury, it is essential. The gift of space for myself seems so simple, and in a way it is: but it is also surprisingly difficult to do without some form of external encouragement." - From “Lost in Wonder” by Esther De Waal

No comments:

Post a Comment