Thursday, August 19, 2010

Around Walla Walla Area


Haiga 39

Ok, the last picture isn't Walla Walla, it's my new favorite viewpoint in Edmonds in front of Anthony's restaurant at the edge of the marina next to the boat launch.

Today, I watched boats being hauled out of the water by the lifting "machines" and set on trailers. Though I have lived by the ocean or sound a good portion of my life, I hadn't seen this before. And when there weren't boats to lift out of the water, three young men were rearranging the order of "boats" tied to the closest piers. It  looked like they were walking the boat on a lease. Perhaps that metaphor clung as so many people were peacefully strolling by with their dogs.

Ferries came and went. The marina parking lot was full. Anthony's outside patios were, also, filled with patrons. A huge ship was sailing through the sound. Yet, it was so calm.

I managed to drop my camera with the lens extended. Broken. My first thought, "New camera". Within 10 minutes I had read the reviews for the best digital cameras in 2010. And not much later I went to Best Buy to look over the one I wanted. As this was a day that flowed, the one I wanted was on sale. Within less than a minute I found a feature I still haven't found my old one. Touch screen menu, more pixels, amazing optical zoom. I am now the proud owner of a new Panasonic camera.

And since things were going so well, I got the new printer I wanted on sale - wireless enabled, with separate color cartridges instead of tri-color. 

Things are going so well I am even thinking of reading some of the operating instructions for the new camera. .             .

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the cool new equipment. Know you will make good use of it. You are a wonderful photographer, artist and writer. But reading the instruction manual takes all the adventure out of a new acquisition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete