Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Slightly Off The Groove





Last Friday's roadtrip with Jan to the Olympic peninsula started just a little differently - returning books to the Lynnwood Library. I was delighted. The first picture of the trip was this round metal sculpture I have always loved. Fate with me, some sitting in the perfect pose to make the picture more interesting. Wait, no, the first slip off the groove was me starting to walk away from my car to get into Jan's leaving my car keys hanging in my door. So, it might have be me that confused the benevolent spirits that guide our vehicular journeys. Jan said one of the options for the day was a ride to Poulsbo. (Wait, Poulsbo isn't on the Olympic Peninsula - throwing more fodder of confusion to the poor guiding spirits)


Next, was breakfast at a new restaurant, well, I'd been there once for dinner, Barlee's at the tip of split on the road to the Edmond's Ferry right before Hwy 99.
No close parking, a little different for us (when we left all the close parking was available - this might have been the first audible "huh" will you look at that utterance made. Or, maybe, it was after taking take to efficiently and carefully explain the difference between to similar menu items, the waitress left out the defining food item - potatoes on the side. However, she was a very good waitress and took responsibly for the misunderstanding. 


Next, to ferry. More pictures and story later, as it is off to work I must go.



No comments:

Post a Comment