Sunday, September 15, 2013

Opening A New Year - 5774

Sun, 15 September 2013 = 11th of Tishrei, 5774

Blessing of a New Year inscribed in the Holy Book of Life, time to continue the next beautiful segment of life.

I am reading The Selfward Facing Way by Sall Ross and The Empty Chair by Rebbe Nachman to start my new year, as well as learning about Contemplative Psalmody. still reading Wanderlust - History of Walking, Stalking Elijah, Love's Voice, Sacred Union, 3 books done in Jim Butcher's Dresden File Series, waiting for my next Michael Book to arrive. So many stories I have not stopped to share.
n
Last year was a year of many bridges, openings, deepenings, connections - very sacred connections on many levels - and fun in exploration - Park Quest (? - never had the correct title maybe will have it at the
end).

I throw my hands up at my ignorance
and then I begin the dance
as I welcome in the new

psalms = songs

monks originally referred to both men and women.

from Wiki

A monk (from Greek: ???????, monachos, "single, solitary"[1]) is a person who practices religious asceticism, living either alone or with any number of other monks. A monk may be a person who decided to dedicate his life to serving all other living beings, or to be an ascetic who voluntarily chooses to leave mainstream society and live his life in prayer and contemplation. The concept is ancient and can be seen in many religions and in philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment