Friday, January 3, 2014

Moving

“Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” ― Kahlil Gibran

To the above quote, well, yeah. Of course.

“Your path might be a lonely one... but, you are NOT alone!” ― Martin R. Lemieux

I am surrounded by an incredible amount of kindness, emotional, and spiritual support. And still being, me I am feeling scared about knowing where I might be living next month. 

Did you know one could rent a 2 bedroom apartment for over $6,000 a month. I did not before today. 

I have seen places where I make too much money to qualify to live (that should be a very good thing); and places where I do not make enough to be able to live. A place where I might be able to live, it might be safe, but can I handle cringing every time I drive into the parking lot because it reminds me of a military barracks - ahhh - insert mental struggle here.

I have kindly been offered a place to sleep by several friends. I think I would chose the last apartment first, but since I couldn't make myself go inside, well - insert mental confusion here. I so do not wish to disrupt someone else's life because I need to move.

So I started looking a short term rentals - never imagined I would only be looking a even less affordable places.

Wondering how do whole families do this, just ought not to be so hard for just me.

Tomorrow a few move places to visit. I checked out a storage facility costly as well. Perhaps living in a place that reminds me of a military barracks would just be another type of adventure.

“My mind turned by anxiety, or other cause, from its scrutiny of blank paper, is like a lost child–wandering the house, sitting on the bottom step to cry.”
― Virginia Woolf, A Writer's Diary 


I have, at least, everywhere reason to believe I shall be living somewhere.



I was about to post another song but somehow my mistyping brought up this rendition of the mantra I likely need now in a version I had not heard - Gayatri Mantra by Deva Primal



No comments:

Post a Comment