Sunday, January 5, 2014

Unclear

I am feeling like have one foot in this song. In my mind, on a scale of 1-10, seems like moving out to be around a 2-3. Right now, it feels like an 11-12. So there is the breadth of my discomfort, and the discrepancy between my logical mind and my emotions. Quite a gap. Surely, I must have a nomad lifetime before, there should be strengths to draw on. People move everyday, through the world on wheels, on feet, by air, land, water. Movement is the life. Breath, blood, even marrow through bones. Even ice crystals forming. Atoms, energy all. Being frozen in place would not be productive.

All of sudden I think of someone I dated who said I sounded like Mr. Data. Well, ok, sometimes. Unfortunately, that piece doesn't rule my nervous system - not sure whether that is good or bad. Neither, I guess.




The Gregorian year 2014 had a very sweet, beautiful beginning. Two women who usually work during the day stayed over to do work on New Year's Eve. They went out of their to include me in their enjoyment in brining in the New year. They set up Martinelli's sparking cider, salami and cheese plate, already so I could just step away from my job temporarily and into the New Year. Such kindness. Equally, a co-worker covered my duties as I shifted my break to join them. They chose the room with view of the fireworks. However the smoke or fog was obscuring all but the very tip of the fireworks. Oh,well.

Then all of sudden someone right below our window set off fireworks that ended up right at the level of our window. We had a magnificent, close-up show.

Best 15 minute New Year's party I have ever tended. Seems so auspicious.

Normally, I work New Year's Day, but this year I requested the day off. That allowed to me accept an invitation to see a friends new home. Beautiful neighborhood. With two other friends, I was treated to a home cooked breakfast the first day of the year. How did I get so lucky? She has a wonderful new home. It was fun to be a guest. And there was even a place nearby to take a walk, a public stormwater retention facility. So I got to continue my journey one day into the New Year.
Moving seems just a hair beyond me, which is likely the point, stretching. I got to play a lot last year all year. And now, it seems I must be serious for at least a little while. So uncomfortable. Unpredictable except for the ending, and the ending is murky, pre-determined but murky to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment