Friday, December 11, 2009

Diversity of Celebration

So how am I celebrating Hanukkah? I thought most likely warmly wrapped in a soft blanket. But I just received answer to an email sent earlier in the week.

Sogyal Rinpoche, author of  The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, is giving a weekend workshop. I made a request to attend tonight's talk, Finding Peace and Stability in a Troubled World, rather than the whole weekend as I am working. The answer is yes. Not only that if I don't have the amount of the fee set just let them know so it won't prevent me from coming. So I am welcome, and I can afford it.

He is a teacher I haven't met yet. I do love meeting the wisdom keepers of didn't traditions from around the world. I am so lucky that so many come to share with us here in Seattle. So I certainly make a little trip into town in the cold to see some whose, also, come to my doorstep.

From their flyer:

A world-renowned Buddhist teacher from Tibet, Sogyal Rinpoche is also the author of the highly acclaimed The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. Born in Kham in Eastern Tibet, Sogyal Rinpoche was recognized as the incarnation of Lerab Lingpa Tertön Sogyal, a teacher to the thirteenth Dalai Lama, by Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö, one of the most outstanding spiritual masters of the twentieth century. Jamyang Khyentse supervised Rinpoche’s training and raised him like his own son.

Rinpoche is also the founder and spiritual director of Rigpa, an international network of over 130 Buddhist centres and groups in 41 countries around the world. He has been teaching for over 30 years and continues to travel widely in Europe, America, Australia, and Asia, addressing thousands of people on his retreats and teaching tours.

And since I am going out anyway, I might as well enjoy a delicious dinner out, too

May we all taste wisdom when we can

No comments:

Post a Comment