Thursday, December 17, 2009

God, Work & Midnight

watching twinkling in clear midnight ink sky
soft breeze suddenly brings lofting giant clouds
a feeling arises inside me like god is saying hello

Found on the site Garden Digest:

"The sky and the strong wind have moved the spirit inside me
till I am carried away trembling with joy." -  Uvavnuk

I am feeling tired, declining overtime at work today. Someone's programming error crashed an important engine. Peoples fears are showing more as lax procedures tightened. Ignored rules now become must do or die propositions. I am thankful for my rule following nature as I need not change to comply. Whew. Very short staffed at a frantic time. Next week will be a six day week again.

Yes, I am gratefully employed. And I enjoy my daily work task and the difference I can make in people's lives in many small ways. I can still feel the uneasiness all around and inside me as we are slowly assimilated into a new corporate culture. Our name will change, but no one knows what it will be. Oddly unsettling and exciting.

Some moments I am missing the random roadtrips I am foregoing, some I am remembering winter, almost here, as the traditional time to hibernate.

More lofty philosophical thoughts another time. Time for a little trip to the store, and another peek at my sky.

May you enjoy the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment