Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Random Threads



 satisfaction, paper shredding done old bills, old now irrelevant pieces hopefully going to be reborn into some new life. . . perhaps a kleenex box. . .heck I haven't given much thought to the myriad of possibilities these may turn into. . . just another thread of the thought . . . of my new teal blanket. .  . I see it was made in China. . . and have a flicker of thought of it being in some storage container in the middle of the ocean. . .in a factory becoming larger and larger with someone watching over it. . . and what did they have for breakfast, and are they now. . .have they lost their wonder of all the colors and watching the miracle of becoming . . is it not amazing I can see a little screen. . . press little buttons . . .and summon an object from so far away. . . what would Marco Polo think. . .is it relevant  . . .will pieces of my past life become something that is summoned by a little box pressed by the fingers or even the mere voice of someone in China, Australia, South Carolina. . .maybe grocery bags . . . maybe my old medical statements with carry peaches home for someone in the Bronx. . . well I don't know . . .and I suppose they could return to me in the shape of a wrapper around my book . . . or tissue in a shoe. . .

So on a scrap of paper now destined for a new life, I found words I don't remember writing:

life bubbles over everywhere as we try to contain it, like containing air in a napkin

indeed



No comments:

Post a Comment