Thursday, March 22, 2012

Whole Foods & PCC

well, apparently having momentarily lost my my sanity, I felt I had to go to our new Lynnwood Whole Foods on the day they opened. Now I could I have thought this would be a good idea, fun, well I don't know.

Even when I got there, seeing, the parking lot behind full, there was the line of cars circling in hopes of an opening, once in the lot it seemed harder to get out, well not seemed, it was impossible to drive through and get right back out. So as I got to the last aisle leading to escape back to street, someone pulled out of a space so I went ahead and parked.

The inside of the store was even more crowded than the parking. However, now I am determined to buy something, that will prove I should have come, my favorite crackers I have only food in Whole Foods. However, the poor staff, on their first day, have no clue about my crackers, when I hunt and find the section they should be in, all the neighboring foods are their, but not my crackers - I am a little unnerved the section is so differently placed from the other store (which to me has a logical arrangements).

Ok, so forget the crackers which I really, really want now. There are fresh bakery goods. Wonderful, I see the sign in large print, perfect - a WHEAT FREE Banana Muffin oh yeah, looks so good. As, I reach for one, still looking a the sign which in smaller print lists the ingredients: Bananas, whole wheat . . . wait a minute. . .did I mistake which sign I am reading  . . . nope . .  . and at the end of the list it even repeats contains wheat.  . . so I didn't get it . . . it was too crowded to get to the bakery staff to apprise them of this dreadful situation. . . well not to be completely thwarted I decided to get a sweet potato scone with spelt flour  . . . yes, still wheat, but at least it was not misrepresented by improper signage . . .

ah, now for a stevia sweetened soda. . . dang $1.29, but I just bought one at PCC Edmonds for  . . . well they were around $.79 . . .

well, there is a sale on cherry tomatoes and avocados. . . and I am done . . .

one thing Whole Foods had handled, plenty of checkers so really no waiting . . .

The sweet potato scone was absolutely delicious and within minutes I was having a reaction to the wheat/gluten . . . sigh, well a good reminder. . .

Got home signed up for Facebook just so I could post a comment on the non-wheat free/Wheat Free Banana Muffin. . .then not particularly liking my Facebook sign up experience and maze of settings, access issues, deactivated the account after posting my comment . . .

I was ever so happy to shopping at PCC Edmonds where I could park, find what I wanted in their normal places, and no noticeable incongruent labeling . . .

Of course, I will, also, shop at Whole Foods again, but not for awhile  .. . I will have to go back to check their bakery signage. . .

and it was member discount day at PCC. . .I to like belonging to a market. . .  I do like spending money in a co-op, I do like all the good works they do, saving local farmland. . . just right amount of conversation and familiarity the people who work there. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment