Saturday, April 7, 2012

Luck, Life, Lake, Luck

“I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.” - Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy

I went to a talk by Marie Manuchehri at East West Bookshop last night for her new book Intuitive Self-Healing. I was blessed to get a parking place right next to the store, had just the right change to pay for parking. When I went to pay for the class, I was told I was a lucky woman as I was getting one of the last open spaces. Waiting for the class, I picked a spot that ended up right next to where Marie stopped to talk with someone.

Then they started to call people in to be seated by the number on their ticket. My ticket had no number. Oh, so I will go last. The woman who registered me walked by, and asked what number is your ticket number? Oh, I didn't get a number, no problem. She looked at me, said, come with me, and ushered me through a side door . . .there I was not only not in line, but, also, with an excellent seat. Yes, I am lucky, blessed and grateful for all the miracles that crop up.

It was a lovely, inspiring class with practical advice from Marie who went from being an RN working in an oncology unit to doing intuitive healing. Many things it home including with conversation she had with a woman who wanted to move but it really wasn't time for her to move. . .( I did sign a new lease for my same apartment today though I think I should be buying a home) . . . Marie very simply pointed out the obvious that the time wasn't right to move, and she was just driving herself crazy be thinking she should. . . wasn't it possible she could just accept being where she was . . .just basic truth. . . I was listening . . .

Towards the end of the evening, she led us on a guided meditation. I was a bit puzzled when  she invited as us to let an image arise what I saw was the word Lake, not an image of a lake but in blue letters the word Lake . . .huh. . .

The class ended, I walked out into the store, and in virtually the type of print from the image in my meditation, there on a magnet:

Advice from a
LAKE
Be clear - Make positive ripples
Look beneath the surface - Stay calm
Shore up friendships - Take time to reflect
Be full of life!

I should add that I stopped for a bite of food Whole Foods, some yummy cooked Beef Brisket . . . as the store was close to closing, and the fact I am lucky, the gentleman said I want to give you a discount on this . . . I gratefully accepted paying $2.00 less a pound. . .

I am clear that I am frequently lucky. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment