Thursday, April 5, 2012

Me

From another magazine scrap found while clearing out folders:

The more I like me, the less I want to pretend to be other people

26 or 27 more books found their way from my home to Goodwill, along with a few other items. Another 10 or 11 waiting to make a similar journey. . .

I was surprised when I counted that I had already bought 20 books this year. . . that gave way to a borrowed design element. . . my bookcase has a new arrival shelf. . .

I just have been informed the lease on my apartment is about to be up again . . . on the surface, I am no closer to buying my own home than I was 7 months ago . . . however, my apartment is more of a home . . . looked at a condo . . . new, great price. . . easy road access, nice area, close to shopping. . .but it was visually hard. . .  it appears the project intended to have 3 separate buildings instead of one. . . I just don't think I could take the daily visual impact of pipes sticking up out of bare ground in the background.

I am enjoying the beauty of a basket with nothing inside it . . . a nightstand with one book on top . . .
silverware upright in a ceramic jar instead inside a drawer . . . I thought I could feel my mother smile as I traded out my beige ceramic mug for a clear glass one made the older Libby Glass Company. . . and I have enjoyed the beauty of seeing the different shades of teas as I drink. . . replaced my silverware with pieces I love, that feel good in my hand . . .and eating cereal out of smaller, clear glass bowls with a fresh goat milk from Grace Harbor Farms just up in Custer, WA  . . . Erewhon brown rice cereal with a touch of stevia to sweeten it. . . glass and stainless steel containers have replaced the majority of my plastic. . .oh, I am so enjoying the cleaner feeling after washing the glass as well as the lack of stains imbedded like well used plastic. . . little pieces of life and things   . . . settling a little further down into me. . . (chuckling here as I reflect on what I am saying so I must add)  . . . with the help of stuff

I found a new antenna that has promise for reception without cable or satellite . . . just a small catch . . .it needs a usb port which my venerable and beloved analog TV does not have . . . and, therefore I am perusing new TVs . . . well. that seems fair; it is the first time I remember being down to one TV for so long in decades . . . can you imagine as a teenager I actually had two TVs in my own bedroom. . . one sitting on top on the other . . . all I remember now for sure is that my Nana (grandmother) gave me the second one when she got herself a new TV. . . it is likely she gave me the first one as well . . . can there be TV genetics  . . . probably genetics influencing acquisition . . . guess thinking about empires that is way understated. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment