Thursday, June 28, 2012

Contemplating Life


I have been thinking about buying at plant for my apartment, reading a little about types of indoor plants. I even saw NASA has studied indoor plants that were good a removing indoor pollutants. I decided to check on a local nursery online, Wights Home & Garden. I found an article on their beautiful website Wights.com: Successfully Growing Indoor Green Plants. Wonderful. Reading the article was an interesting experience that caught me up short especially at the end of this excerpt:

"Mother Nature’s botanical creatures know one mantra: I Grow. And grow they do, or at least they give it a mighty good try. Originally at home in the balmy tropics, protected by the lush forest canopy, these plants now face the uncertain fate of living on the windowsill in somebody’s bathroom! For some, life is good, sustained by regular water and fertilizer, adequate window light and given a temporary move to the counter as welcome refuge from the chill during a cold snap. Unfortunately, others brace for a daily dose of blistering afternoon sun, yearn for a bit larger pot or hope for a drink of water before they’ve wilted over. Sounds dramatic? It would be if you lived completely at the mercy of a large sentient being that didn’t really understand you, but expected you to thrive or you’d be pitched into the trash. Such is the plight of the humble houseplant."

Hmmm. Well. . . I have to stop and admit this large sentient doesn't really have an understanding of the plant world and languages . . . and it has been suggested to me by a good friend I consider a silk plant. . . 

Can I ask for a volunteer?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment