Saturday, November 10, 2012

Circle of Mutuality

“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” - Mother Teresa

It was dusk in an almost deserted parking lot. I was leaving Rotary Park. A man yelled out to me to ask for a jump. I was the only other car there, how could I say no. Fortunately, his car started easily, and I got to feel good about helping.

I did some grocery shopping at Whole Foods, bought a new grocery bag that was made by and to support micro entrepreneurs. I liked the idea, particularly liked one of the saying on the bag, the circle of mutuality. A lively conversation about it with the cashier made me feel even better all the money goes to the makers of the bag.

Tired out after quite a bit of walking outdoors, and inside, I sat down to load the groceries in the car. A woman who was leaving the store walked up to me. "May I return your shopping cart for you?, my bag is really light (she saw my eyes flicker to the grocery bag she was carrying). "Yes" (I was tired).

I was very grateful. She turned back to the store wheeling my cart for me.

I saw the Circle of Mutuality.



No comments:

Post a Comment