Sunday, November 4, 2012

My New Zazzle Shop

I opened at new online shop zazzle.com/MYWORLDMYFAMILY* to sell for my art work. I am slowly, moderately, adding things to the site. I was enthralled by seeing some of my artwork on plates. And I am having fun seeing it on postage stamps.

I mentioned the site to Jan when I picked her up at the airport. She asked me if I bought anything yet. Nope, my focus hasn't been much on buying or selling, but rather gawking. More narcissistic. It is just plain fun to see my art online.

It is was inspiring seeing my friend Debbie. I told her about my work being on Imagekind. I had it set as a private gallery. I changed it over to public viewing so she could see it. I don't think I mentioned this shop to anyone.

I kept thinking I would do something with it, hadn't since I posted things there a year ago. Then Mary told me she bought some of my artwork for an auction at her church (what an honor) at one of my Imaginekind shops, My World My Family, More Than Words, My Northwest Home. I am not even sure how Mary found it . . . sharing is fun . . . I am just more used to doing it physically.

I was able to share some of my artwork with visiting supervisors and co-workers. I got to send some cards back to Missouri and Texas. Definitely fun.

And I would be remiss not to mention my oldest online store at CafePress.com, My World My Family.
I was indeed an experience seeing someone wearing a T-shirt bought from this store with my artwork on it unexpectedly.

My friends have all encouraged me for sometime both by admiring, sharing in looking at my work, and not pushing me, letting me unfold at my own speed. As I looked at the dates on some of the cards I was sending, I was seeing some from 2004, I think that was the earliest. So I can safely say I move at no more than a moderate pace in making the pictures available to be seen in a wider venue.

There is a widget link to Zazzle at the side of the blog. perhaps I will add a widget for CafePress, and Imagekind soon. At this point, I am adding stuff to Zazzle everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment