Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A book I will probably buy because I like the title:

Yearnings: Embracing the Sacred Messiness of Life

In keeping with shopping for enlightenment practice I have decided to cultivate, I did see that it won an award: Winner of the Books for a Better Life Award
Chosen as one of "The 10 Best Spiritual Books of 2006" by Spirituality and Health magazine

i will likely buy it used from Goodwill. 

This year I have so enjoyed buying used books through Amazon (I still frequent local and independent bookstore stores in person as well). It has been fun waiting for the used books to pop up offered by a local goodwill. Choosing the closest seller. Like picking Seattle Goodwill when it showed a book I have wanted for a couple months. And, well, I luck out with mega Amazon being a locally based business.

Though I have downloaded the Kindle app to my netbook, I have yet to purchase a Kindle version of a book - probably the ecological thing to do with books, well maybe new books. I still like to hold the book, will probably get a Kindle maybe this year maybe next... or maybe not. . . I have only begun the spiritual part of shopping for enlightenment so I probably have a lot more to learn about divine purchasing - 

So I stopped to add

by Eve Eliot 

to my Amazon wishlist, there is a used one available from a local bookstore now, but not Goodwill. So guess I will have to wait til some clears their shelves and making their donations. I am, also, wondering if my wishlist and intention is liked placing an order with the universe,
and this reminds me I actually have a bag of books by the door to drop off a Goodwill

It is a good spiritual practice, it's working, I am part of circle of life, recycling, and getting my chores done. . .

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment