Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Belonging


"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." June Howard

I just enjoyed an evening with friends at my Book Club. It's is always interesting to be around these intelligent, insightful women. I am equally amazed at what we have in common, and our ability to see things different. We have a nice camaraderie, and tonight a bit of reminiscing about the beginning of our journey - no rules except you didn't have to read the book, you could eat during the meeting, and you could bring kids. Some people believe there needs to be more structure for groups to function well. We have been meeting for about 10 years, we even passed on picking a name other than Book Club. It still works. I am grateful to these women sharing their lives, hearts, minds, and ideas with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment