Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On The Road To Open My Heart


"The greatest challenge of the day is: how to bring about a revolution of the heart, a revolution which has to start with each one of us." Doris Day

Just seeing a quote by Doris Day makes be think of my mother. I have quoted her often as singing lines from a Doris Day song: Que sera, sera, whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see que sera, sera, what will be will be. Since I grew up hearing this sentiment, I always have found the simple thought true and comforting. And I am travelling as I am internally called to be present for the Blessing of the Ancestors on Friday, at the beach, a place that nutured my mothers soul as it does mine.

With this I am preparing for the jaunt to Lincoln City, excited about the opportunity to share prayers in the presence of so many wisdomkeepers at the Grandmothers Council. I may not post tommorrow or Friday as I'll leave my laptop, and partake of rattles, shells, and fans in it's stead.

Blessed journey wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment