Monday, August 24, 2009

The Temple of My Art


"This is my simple religion.
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophy.
Our own brain, our own heart is our temple.
The philosophy is kindness."
Dalai Lama

This picture called "The Temple" was created from a scan of a mark on a cruet bottle. It evolved into this creation. Many of the pictures that have emerged from scans of ordinary items will never be classed as fine art. That's fine with me as it is such a soul satisfying process to be involved in the "birth" of each picture; watching it evolve. Sometimes a process of minutes, sometimes hours, but always fulfilling. Creation.

Both of my parents were exceptional artists who could make perfect representational portraits and landscapes. I have yet to develop that particular skill. They did imbue me with their passion for the process. My mother saw beauty everywhere. I didn't appreciate her skill when I was younger. I appreciate her gift now.

No comments:

Post a Comment