Friday, August 28, 2009

Listening - A Magical Skill

"Listening is everything. Listening is the whole deal. That's what I think. And, I mean that in terms of before you work, after you work, in between work, with your children, with your husband, with your friends, with your mother, with your father. It's everything. And, it's where you learn everything." - Meryl Streep

This quote was shared with me by my friend, Jan, who is a superb listener. I am grateful to the many hours that she and others have sat witnessing my life and my sacred stories.

Though I have a grasp of the importance, I have yet to master the skill of listening, to stop the me thoughts cascading over my companion's words looking for a way to regain the verbal floor. . . "that happened to me, too" . . . I hope to allow more openings to partake of other truths.

There's been some kind of a glitch that has prevented me from uploading pictures. I hope to figure it out soon.

May you honor the sacred thoughts and stories around you

No comments:

Post a Comment