Friday, August 14, 2009

Nourishment



"Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. and then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Harold Whitman

Nourishment comes in many forms. Friends, recreation , work, reading or simply watching the wind moving through the trees are all or can soul filling sources of pleasure and replenishment. There are times that I am passionately engaged in work, delicious moments of accomplishment and satisfaction. Everything is in alignment. I am grateful to be of service.

Learning has, also, had a draw with many benefits and new ideas. I found these sites to assist with improving all types of drawing skills beginner to advanced: GFX Artist and Drawspace.

Most of us think of food in relationship to nourishment. So here's my fun recipe for today: 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 cup of pitted chopped prunes, 1 Tablespoon of Garam Masala spice, 1/4 cup sesame oil, 1/4 agave nectar. Yummy thick fruit dip - Spicy Plum Dip.

As I write, a new creation is simmering of the stove romaine lettuce, rice, carrot, tahini, crushed ginger, crushed garlic, dulse, toasted sesame seeds and whatever else comes to mind to add in after I taste it. I cook rather like I paint or draw adjust on expected elements until it "tastes" just right or until I sense the creation has become what it intended to be- Maybe Tahini Rice Stew? So good to be in the flow.

May you enjoy the moments of being.

No comments:

Post a Comment