Friday, July 2, 2010

Almost Perfect Day



 "All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast." - John Gunther
 
eyes open mouth gearing up
nose sorts through possibilities
yippee breakfast's coming


Today, I am just a sleepy puppy enjoying being curled up in a soft,warm bed. But, I am remembering another near perfect day, last Friday.

It started with having my friend, Jan, come by and pick me up for one of our breakfast adventures ( a luxury by itself), and ended with sharing the beauty of a full moon with a total stranger.

This breakfast jaunt was into Seattle. I have been wanting to try the Portage Bay Cafe since I spotted it on one of my drives to work. No close parking at the Ballard location, onto to University district just north of the bridge really easy when you aren't driving, A spot in the lot was waiting for us. Opening door, we noticed how busy the place was. I was impressed with how quickly we were seated. I continued to be impressed with the service til the end. It's the first place I can remember eating at that appeared to be well staffed. I love the restaurant slogan, "eat like you give a damn".

The menu has amazing variety including gluten free and organic pancakes; a breakfast bar with several kinds of berries and other fruits; different kinds of breakfast meats, even a delicious sounding breakfast rice. Sorry, but the bacon still doesn't compare to Mukilteo's Patty's Egg Nest. My buckwheat pancakes were good, but not great. I wouldn't mind eating there again.

Then, a nice, easy ride home for me. A little jaunt to Central Market in Mill Creek to purchase a current breakfast dietary staple for the rest of the week, bitter melon(more about this another). Thwarted, I think bought them out last week, and there aren't any. Oh, well, I still got some of their good wheat free meatloaf, and tasty chicken for lunches.

A little nap, and off to my next adventure. That's for tomorrow's post as the clock is about to turn . .

No comments:

Post a Comment