Monday, July 5, 2010

Ending An Almost Perfect Day

A successful trip to the second Central Market. I have all the bitter melons I need for the week. I am proudly using my new gauze produce bags.

Shopping over, I decided to sit down on the back end of my car in the parking
lot, watch the full moon and enjoy my cupcake. Oh, my. What a delicious
cupcake! Who would have thought cupcakes good be so good. Bacon, pancake,
with an butter cream (not overly sweet). Later I took a look at the website
for the Yellow Leaf Cupcake Company. They have a hundred different kinds
of cupcakes.

I was reminiscing. What would have made the day more perfect?

Certainly not sleeping in, cause then we wouldn't have gone to the Portage Bay
Cafe.

Finding parking at the Ballard Portage Bay Cafe? No, cause then I wouldn't
haven't gotten to eat at the one in the U-District that I wanted to see.

Well, what if it had been less busy at the restaurant? But, then I wouldn't
have gotten to see how beautifully a fully staffed cafe could run during
a rush.

What if I had gotten my bitter melons at the first Central Market? Then, I wouldn't
be relaxing in this Shoreline parking, munching, and enjoying the moon.

As I was pondering, the woman, a little older like myself, who parked next to be returned to her car.

She looked at me, and then the moon. "Isn't this just the most peaceful
spot?" I agreed. She went on, "I like to listen to classics on the radio."
She opened her door, turned on her radio. There was Roy Orbison singing
"Pretty Woman". We shared a few more comments. She remarked in the past it
would have been cruisin' down by the beach rather than in a parking lot.
She got into her car, but left her door ajar. She didn't drive off until Roy
finished serenading us on this almost perfect June night.

No comments:

Post a Comment