Sunday, July 4, 2010

More of My Encounter At East Books

so many different journeys
some across time some across space
some inside a single thought

Jan V. continued translating Nadia's shamanic journey, "Then she(Nadia) stopped, looked at me (Jan) and said, "Lynn has a lot of pain in her legs."

I was touched by her stopping to share her perception/concern with Jan. Something about being acknowledged. Perhaps, some of it was feeling special being called by name, known. Or was it having the pain witnessed?

Jan went on to field questions. "Were there evil spirits?" Which led into, her sharing a little general Ulchi cultural information:

They don't divide things into good and evil.

They aren't anti-technology. A power plant next trees is fine as long as there is balance.

They don't have a belief that separates man-made and natural. To them there is nothing artificial.

Someone asked if Nadia had any suggestions about healing the oil spill on the Gulf. Jan said her typical answer was something like, "Why don't you go pick up trash in your neighborhood?"

The questions fielded, I let Christina know Nadia would be coming back into the room. She asked me how close I dared get to her. Just then Nadia appeared, walked over and gave me a hug, and said, "Artwork." Again, my heart was touched. When she was last here two years ago, I gave some of my artwork to give to her after the ceremony. I have been pleased by the thought that some of my art resides in a Siberian village. It is so exciting to be able share it. I am so happy to be remembered.

When I was looking for a wonderful article the Seattle PI had written about Nadia (aka Nadyezhda)"SHAMAN KEEPS CULTURE ALIVE VISITOR FROM RUSSIAN FAR EAST SHARES TRIBE'S ANCIENT CUSTOMS" by Imbert Mathee, I noticed it was written in 1997. I know I attended at least one of the events. I have seen her over 13 years. Amazing to ponder.

I took Christina home passing another horse drawn carriage. She expressed
compassion as she a "crap hammock" under the horses behind. With perfect symmetry, the horse earlier had been black annd this one was white.

With Christina safely home, it was time to head for Central Market in Shoreline. Hunting bitter melons . . .

One more scenario to go . . . again it's time to sleep . . . to be continued

hearts touching
kindling compassion
remembering

No comments:

Post a Comment