Sunday, February 3, 2013

-from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...
There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carroll


Well, dare I say it, I have decided my improbable goal for the rest of the year is continue to visit at least one different park, trail, public space a day for the rest of the year . . . I am some what inspired by my 43 day run . . . and if not a different park then at a park/trail/public space every day . . . there is a long run to the end of the year. . . no way to gauge obstructions or loss of interest or changing my mind  . . . however today it sounds like a fine goal indeed . . . filed under fulfilling my doctor's prescription - "Enjoy Life".

Alleged 'impossibilities' are opportunities for our capacities to be stretched.  -Charles Swindoll

Ah, I thought of a third variation of my goal to see how many total days in the year I visited a park/trail/public  . . . there, better now no way to fail at that one . . . no set number . .  .


Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.- Arthur Ashe

No comments:

Post a Comment