Friday, February 8, 2013

Riverwalk - Puyallup

If I have accomplished anything good, then it's mainly because I've been driven by the need to know whether I can accomplish things I'm not sure I have the capacity for. - Vaclav Havel

I had no idea why I decided to pick Puyallup for an outing today, and I could not dissuade or persuade myself to pick another path. 

I have no map - it was quickly apparent I have no idea about the layout of Puyallup. I was in the same way pulled to turn into a Fred Meyers all while thinking surely it would be much easier to get a map at a gas station (I was successful at getting a map at a station in Marysville).

After I turned, still kind of wishing I hadn't, I spotted a bridge so I drove toward that end of the lot. Sure enough my instincts  trumped my thoughts.



























And after a decently long walk along the river, it was truly good to be at Fred Meyers - bathrooms, food, drink, and 5 new maps - so excited - one is 2007, one 2008 - maybe there is hope paper maps will exist a little longer. Now, map in hand, new problem - no clue what streets I am on . . . sure is fun studying the map . . . what to know what I am reading these days . . . maps . . . I have yet to tire of looking at them . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment