Monday, February 4, 2013

Kirke Park

I read the park was so new you couldn't walk on the grass yet, yep, the grass is protected still




























The park was named Kirke which means church in Norwegian. This name pays tribute to both the Norwegian heritage of the neighborhood and the history of the site. This site was home to the Church of Seventh Elect in Spiritual Israel for more than 90 years. 





And this park was being used, kids, dogs, parents, someone comfortably hidden behind one of the walls . . .

One thing I haven't commented on yet. In addition to me purposefully avoiding taking pictures of people, people of all ages consistently wait, stop, slowdown in gestures I perceive as kindness trying not to interfere with my picture . . . I would be fine with someone riding or skating through my picture it is very sweet to see such consideration .  . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment