Wednesday, October 16, 2013

And I Am Doing It Well

This is just pure fun, bragging I guess - I have continued to visit a new park, trail, garden or similar Parks & Rec Location, etc. everyday since December 23 last year. While I was attempting any specific number of parks, today was the 500th difference location visited on the trek, pilgrimage, quest.

500 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park (Seattle Central District)
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic
concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity." - (written as) The Words of Martin Luther King, Jr.

When someone queried me, "How many days have you missed?' I said none. I know I was surprised, too. I will continue to wonder as well if I will meet the first stated goal of a different place everyday, or the second of a park/garden everyday. . .pretty amazing. . . and pretty darn fun, fascinating, expansive, and beautiful.

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  
― Ernest Hemingway

All everywhere, I go on this journey, I find myself saying "Look at this", wow "Look at that", "Cool", or "Huh, what in the world is that???" All is fun, enlivening, inspiring.

Oh, yes, I remember I was going to say again as it still holds true, over 700 places now, still rare to see people on cell phones/ipods in parks, do see ipods phones on trails more. See lots of dads with kids, see lots of happy kids, lots of playing, joy, happy people with dogs, happy dogs, lots of people out there walking, talking, riding, paddling, and still reading real paper books, but, also, ebooks, enjoying the sun, rain and wind.

Going to these places does reinforce there are plenty of people out enjoying the world.

My mind wanders to where will I go tomorrow . . . not decided yet. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment