Sunday, October 20, 2013

Magic, Change, LIfe

A very difficult work week, I decided this morning to read an inspiring, fun book, Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon. I remember doing something with this book uncommon for me. I was enjoying it so much; I was reading through it so fast I set it aside like a delicious (gluten-free LOL) pastry to save for later, forgot to come back to it.
The first thing that happened was a magazine article stuffed inside that I was saving. Hmmm, I don't remember ever seen it before even though I stuff it in there - book new not used. The article is about a teacher whose book I bought more recently. Article from before I thought I heard of this teacher.
My friend, Jan asked me if I thought there was more magic in my life recently. Quick, easy answer is no. My life has always been magical to me. And I still am astounded about thousands of things. Even to the next thought I had, am I noticing it more. I think I have to say no again. Am I acknowledging it more, maybe but probably not. What think I am doing is either sharing it more or becoming more articulate. And maybe I am more able to deeply embrace the synchronicities, yet I am still constantly surprised and delighted by them. Things such as feeling resistant, and the next business name I see is Ready and Willing LLC. Hmmm.
I do think the messages are there for us, all the time, all around us, all the encouragement, all the guidance, all the help. Do I always see it or get it. Nope. Sometimes I can my perceived part of the story, and someone else sees it.
So with everyone struggling with software changes, and the obvious missing features we can phantom, I pick up Steal Like An Artist to this quote:

"Complain about the way other people make software by making software" - Andre Torres
And yes, I actually do feel that whomever the programmers in this company were they did their best. Does it match what we had or what we need nope. There are some big glitches. This too shall pass, probably not quickly enough for our impatient minds.

I think I probably have posted this quote before,  still a great one:

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” ― Marilyn Monroe

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Lynn, isn't that an absolute gem of a quote by Marilyn Monroe!!! She sure had a lot on the ball!!!

    And yes, you DO have a magical way of "seeing" and appreciating things! Soooo inspirational. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Divyam, yes love is quote, still avalanche of work ate up the time I hoped to use to catch up with email last night - thank you, thank you and now back to practicing practice - apparently someone thinks I really need work of my secondary Chief Feature LOL

    ReplyDelete