Friday, October 25, 2013

Life - A Bucket of Miracles

As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world. - Terri Guillemets

Not sure how the phrase "Bucket of Miracles" appeared on my neurons but sounded like a fun phrase. 

Yes, I love words, phrases, proverbs, quotes, titles, signs, lyrics, aphorisms.
And maybe it some old educational remnant that bids me "can you use that word in a sentence". Oh, can I ever.

I am tickled by the thoughts that arise so simple, so ordinary, sometimes anomalies, juxtapositions; and to me a blend of beautiful gifts, new toys, and complex puzzles just for me to delight in.

Word pizza. A mental stone soup with warm golden bread. (Tell, I am hungry? Fell asleep before dinner.)

Oh, and talk I do as well. What is it about even simple words that makes me want to play with them, espouse them, sing them, prattle on with them.

I hadn't been down by Lake Washington for a few days so getting out of the car, and mouth opens, excitedly, "The lake, the lake, the lake, the lake . . ."  tumbling out of my mouth as soon as my feet hit the ground. I notice that there is a couple standing just to my left gazing at me. I felt a bit sheepish. I am grown person (well sort of) enraptured at the sight of the lake. Feeling silly, a part of me wants to say, well it is a lake. And a beautiful lake view indeed is before me.

I am thinking now joy or delight is not qualities we express or feel enough everyday.

Is it ok if I get excited, happy, delighted when looking at the ocean, the lake, mysterious things in the sky, Mt. Rainier, fog, a child playing with her father, a dog jumping headlong into the water in fierce pursuit of the stick - passion pursuit? And, yes, delight may just bubble up and escape at the sight of kale.

Can I let my heart bound out through my lips, can I not?

"Gratitude is not a mere word; it is not a mere concept. It is the living breath of your real existence on earth." - Sri Chinmoy




1 comment:

  1. Well now Lynn... hmmm... hmmm... I think I hear a Sage's love for words and "expressing" them!!! So now the Michael 'plot' thickens! LOL

    I am right with you on kale!!! Mm-mm... Hugs.

    ReplyDelete