Thursday, May 23, 2013

And especially to you my dear friend in Victoria

“I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone.'
I should think so — in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit 

Are you chuckling?

or

“Sorry! I don't want any adventures, thank you. Not Today. Good morning! But please come to tea -any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Good bye!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit  



I wanted to post my favorite Tolkien, wouldn't you know it I can be sure I remember all . . . but having finding these that I remember at all

oh my,

“That was the most awkward Wednesday he ever remembered.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Lynn, I am indeed enjoying a very good (surprise) chuckle! I love chuckles! Yes, quiet folk we are... certainly wouldn't want (any) adventure have us miss out on dinner!!! LOL I think(?) I finally got the hang of how to post a comment on your site! LOL Hugs...

    ReplyDelete