Friday, May 31, 2013

And Would You Believe

Racquetball - here she is my fabulous new racket - so awesome. Got lost on the way to the park, you can say yeah right around here. Just happened to see a sporting goods sport nearby. Acquisitive mode engaged.




I had so much fun in there. I haven't a baseball bat in my hands for years. And, oh that catchers glove. Just awesome. Have I said I was all star baseball in junior high.

Then the basketballs - hey, the sales staff left me totally alone while I was playing with all the equipment. Even with the loud crash when I dropped the paddle for the kayak.

I managed to make it out of the store without the bat, glove, kayak (still thinking on that one), basketball (already regretted not getting it when the park had an open court just calling me  - but really I was most favorable as guard not forward).

And I managed to make it out without buying the beautiful $150 racquet, whew. Fortunately, beautiful as it was, didn't feel better in my hand. Whew. Now if I had only been able to get matching balls.

Well, if playing racquet in a tiny closet or on one's bedroom wall counts. I have played racquetball for the first time in about 30 years. Hey, Deanna, I did it, I did it.  I might add I love the sound of the racquet slicing through the air.

Don't look particularly athletic these days, but there is life in these bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons.
Why I even had a round of hopscotch at the park, all alone in my area.Whew.


No comments:

Post a Comment