Friday, May 31, 2013

DNA - It Was Fun

Well, I stopped blogging before I got the DNA results fro 23 & Me. Got to tell you loved doing it.

Set aside. Today, I see I have a contact request, and yes I am going to blame Ammas, because it is something that made my heart so happy.

Here is part of the message from a gentleman that I said yes to:

I am Lithuanian(paternal and maternal lines) Through our shared DNA, 23andMe has identified us as relatives. Our predicted relationship is 5th Cousin, with a likely range of 3rd to Distant Cousin. Would you like to explore our relationship?

I see all of sudden there are two other messages. With all of my known family gone, it is very exciting to have contact with a real member of my blood family even if it leads no further than this.

And if that wasn't exciting enough, the next message is from someone living right here in Seattle saying my DNA is showing I am related to her aunt. Fascinating. Not a lot of knowledge on my side about my maternal family, but an opening.

Wow the third person has a family tree to share predicting we are 4th cousins. Fascinating.

An interesting turn of events indeed

LOL they all asked for information, and kindly asked if I was willing to share my genome profile. Ok, why not?

Jan, are you so laughing? I still might not believe everything is genetics.

Dang, since I last looked there are a whole lot of people with public matches (where they willing share their name & info) related to me by DNA. Well, not into sending them messages (if someone I know happens to be reading here sometime - I think I will hear the words Caution Mode).

Wow, I am going to update this again one of my DNA relatives is asking the whole group about motion sickness, a little of trying to trace it down to a specific DNA segment. I definitely have motion sickness.

Now seeing someone I might be able to trace ancestry with, one of the surnames listed is actually Brunell. Way cool.

Did I need a new thing to be excited about? Apparently.

I was so planning on started some singing lessons tonight. I really was.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... "Caution Mode" is that another Martian phrase to be pondered over at Starbucks!?! LOL

    Whenever you should decide to go on the Seattle/Victoria Clipper, don't forget to take your 'motion-sickness' pills at the start of the ride!

    Yes, 'Brunell' you and your wit are Waaaay Cool! LOL

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, it impossible for anything to be legitimate unless pondered over at Starbucks. OMG, that's why I have to ponder everything, I haven't been to Starbucks lately. Actually, ponder is the word I usurped from my friend Jan.

    Actually, wasn't thinking of the clipper but suppose I could . . . was thinking of coming over from Port Angeles

    Got close to doing the passport when I went to mail your package, in the same place, could not find the paperwork guess not time yet

    ReplyDelete