Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Blessing Indeed

"It takes a long time to grow an old friend." - John Leonard.

I was pondering what to say about having a wonderful time with a dear old friend. A blessing indeed - it was fun that Debbie indulged me by bringing pictures of her family which I truly enjoyed seeing. Good looking husband, 3 good looking sons, 4 good looking granddaughters

I was slightly caught off guard when she pulled out her digital camera, and I thought wait a minute I thought I left that in the car . . . so her camera wasn't just similar it was the exact same model as mine . . . oh, and she had some really great shots . . . dang no more blaming the camera . . . sigh, oh, well I do remember her being more artistic than I  . . . I can  say she had a headstart . . I love knowing she, also, took pictures of metal work as well as signs, sunsets, buildings . . . fun indeed . . . 

And, interesting as the web of our lives, she told me her husband just bought a new car before our, she pulled out the salesman's business card - same last name as mine . . .

and we really didn't discuss politics or religion, but she did ask me if I knew about the woman from India who hugs people because her hairdresser talked to her about Amma . . . well, yes, and I didn't about then, but now it makes me want to go hunt for my notepad to what I asked her during my prayers on her visit this year . . .

And, yes, I do analyze everything . . . however, I did realize that I often have no need for a deinite answer .  . . as when I have been running around the world taking pictures  . . . what's this . . . ok I do look some stuff up  . . . but I am discovering the very act of asking is a pleasure all it's own . . . so did Amma help my friend find me just she knew it would make my soul happy . . .
I definitely don't know . . . it is just as likely that I am blessed to have a good friend who cared enough to find me . . . either way, blessed definitely blessed . . .

and can I add it was nice to get confirmation that our gyms short were way to short for school . . .

And now the harder part, Debbie and I are basically the same age . . . she has had back and knee surgery . . . I have not . . . she bikes and kayaks . . . has even done the Seattle to Portland bike ride more than once . . . dang now what am I going to do . . . yep, you better believe I got up and exercised the next morning . . . and the next morning . . .

And, not only did I enjoy my time with Debbie, I enjoyed hanging out in Bellingham something there is soul satisying a deeper sense of home than I get here .  . .

And it didn't hurt one bit that the co-op there had two gluten free items I've been wishing for great scones made with coconut sugar, and nainamo bars . . 

and an old quote comes to mind

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." - Anäis Nin





No comments:

Post a Comment